Each energy-saving kit contains:
Depending on eligibility and the existing equipment within your home, you may receive:
- LED bulbs
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
- High efficiency showerhead
- Water-saving tap aerators
- LED night light
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- Step-by-step instruction guide* to help you install each product
How to apply:
Apply for your free energy saving kit online or by calling 1-800-BCHYDRO (1-800-224-9376) or 604-224-9376 in the lower mainland from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. during weekdays, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
When you apply, you’ll be asked to provide:
• Your name and BC Hydro account number (found on the top right corner of your bill)
• The number of people in your household and your total household income
Do you rent your home? You can apply if the BC Hydro or New Westminster account is in your name. Don’t qualify for the free kit? You can still save.
Visit Ecofitt to purchase your own Energy Saving Kit and receive a discount as a BC Hydro customer.