BC Hydro Customers
The Power Smart Energy Savings Kit Program
Our free energy saving kit includes simple, energy-saving products that you can install yourself. These products will help you seal up drafts in your home, save on your lighting costs and reduce your home’s water use.
Each Kit Contains:
- LED bulbs
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
- High efficiency showerhead
- Water-saving tap aerators
- LED night light
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- Step-by-step instruction guide* to help you install each product
You’ll be able to customize your kit based on your specific needs through our application process.
How to Apply
Apply for your free energy saving kit online or by calling 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800-224-9376) or 604-224-9376 in the lower mainland from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. during weekdays, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
When you apply, you’ll be asked to provide:
- Your name and BC Hydro account number (found on the top right corner of your bill)
- The number of people in your household and your total household income
Do you rent your home? You can apply if the BC Hydro or New Westminster account is in your name.
Don’t qualify for the free kit? You can still save.
Visit Ecofitt to purchase your own Energy Saving Kit and receive a discount as a BC Hydro customer.